Handling of personal information
This website is administered by and provided to you by CN Japan Inc. Following is an explanation of what you should be aware of before using the website. Please note that the information contained on this website may be changed or removed without notice.
CN Japan Inc. (hereafter, "the Company") recognizes the importance of personal information. We have therefore established provisions in a document titled "Handling of personal information on this website" (hereafter, "the provisions") that relate to the appropriate management of personal information so that you can use our website with confidence.
2. Definition of personal information
"Personal information" in the provisions means information that is capable of identifying you as an individual such as your name, contact details etc provided by you through the website (including information that can easily be cross-referenced with other information to identify you).
3. Purpose of use of personal information
The Company shall use any personal information provided by you for the following purposes:
- （1）to notify you of the results of our competitions, monitors, etc and for delivery of giveaways etc;
- （2）to match and to customize information on this website to individual users;
- （3）to respond to inquiries;
- （4）to provide various information from the Company by email, direct mail etc;
- （5）to prepare articles or contents;
- （6）for use in questionnaires, and in articles and contents;
- （7）to enable improvement of the services provided and to develop new services;
- （9）to introduce services etc provided by third parties to users who desire them.
The Company cannot use personal information provided by you for a purpose other than those expressly stated above without your consent.
4. Provision of personal information
The personal information you have provided may be provided to a third party only in the following cases, to fulfil a purpose of use that you have designated:
- （1）where you have given your consent;
- （2）where your personal information is processed in such a way that you cannot be identified individually;
- （3）where the use of your personal information has a legal basis.
5. Optional personal information
The mandatory items of personal information to be provided by you are clearly shown in the input field. You can refuse to provide optional items of personal information at your own discretion, but please be aware that if you do not provide mandatory items, the services on the website may not be available to you.
6. Management of security of personal information
The Company undertakes to manage the personal information you have provided properly and shall establish measures to prevent illegal access, loss, destruction, manipulation or divulging thereof. Our employees shall receive training in the protection of personal information and we shall endeavour to secure its safety both physically and personally.
7. Outsourcing management of personal information
The Company may outsource where necessary the management of personal information provided by you, to achieve the purpose of use that you have designated. In this case, we will select a company with an equivalent level of security as the Company, clearly establish the way in which the personal information will be handled by means of agreements etc and manage and supervise it appropriately.
8. Disclosure/correction/deletion of personal information
When we request you to provide your personal information, we will give you information about the privacy inquiries desk. Where you wish to disclose, correct or delete etc the content of the personal information you have provided, please contact the privacy inquiries desk. After confirming your identity, we will disclose, correct or delete your personal information within a reasonable time frame and to a reasonable extent.
9. Notice of campaigns and services
The Company may send or forward by electronic mail, by post or by telephone information about, for example, our services that we believe would be useful to you. You can tell us to stop or resume the sending of these notices by a method separately determined by the Company.
- （1）When a member uses the Company’s services or those of its business partners or browses web pages, we automatically receive information from the member’s browser such as the member’s IP address, cookie information, the advertisements and pages browsed by the member and the environment being used by the member. That information is recorded on our server.
- （2）The Company may, in order to research new services or to customize the service provided or the content of advertising to an individual member, use information relating to sex, occupation, age, pages and advertisements browsed by a member, the time of day a member uses the service, the way in which and the environment in which the service is being used. Please note that we cannot use information by connecting it to information that can identify you as an individual.
11. Protection of personal information in links
The provisions apply only to this website. The Company cannot, therefore, assume any responsibility for the handling of personal information on websites belonging to other businesses or to individuals.
12. Observance of related laws and ordinances
The Company undertakes to observe laws and ordinances and other related criteria relating to the protection of your personal information.
13. Changes to provisions
The Company may occasionally change the provisions in line with changes to laws and ordinances etc. You will be kept regularly informed on this website of the content of such changes. If you do not consent to changes made to these provisions, you have the option of refusing to accept the revised provisions at your own discretion. Please be aware that in this case, the services on this website may no longer be available to you.
Please direct any inquiries relating to the provisions or any other procedural matters to
CN Japan Inc.
Click here to contact